After proving the ION could handle abuse by aggressive skiers on big skis, G3 has now introduced a version with release values more appropriate for average folk. The ION 10 is essentially the same award-winning platform as the original version, but tuned for touring instead of freeriding. The ION is notable for eliminating common frustrations with tech-bindings such as toe-wing icing, step-in difficulty, and heel-rotation constraints. Like the original (now well-travelled) ION 12, the ION 10 helps eliminate those frustrations and lets you focus on enjoying the mountains. Thank you Canada.
- Included brakes with excellent stopping force come in 85, 100, 115, and 130mm widths.
- Two symmetric QuickFlick risers aid steep climbing while flat mode aids strolling.
- Forward pressure spring in the heel makes the release more consistent during ski flex.
- Snow-clearing channels under the raised toe wings help prevent dangerous icing.
- Step-in “fiddle” is virtually eliminated with BootStop guides that trigger the springs.
- Adjustable heels can handle three whole boot sizes to help with boot quivers.
- A more neutral stance is achieved versus other bindings due to less pin-height delta.
- Integrated supports accept G3 crampons which are essential in certain conditions.
- Made in Canada, North America.
||85mm, 100mm, 115mm, 130mm|
||2 + flat|
||ION crampons only|
||Hot forged aluminum, high strength plastic|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Release tuned for average folk|
|Bottom Line||The new default ION|
|Compare to other Full-featured Bindings|
Questions & Reviews
Yep, these are the 2018 edition and the heels do lock down in tour mode when pressed down.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.