Solving one of the shortcomings of the Alpinist 12, the Alpinist Long Travel is the same binding with a longer heel track. Doubling the track length to 30mm, you can get three full boot sizes of adjustment out of the binding. The rest of the features are the same great Marker Alpinist, albeit without the latest "ISI" step-in tweaks on the toe. This version also cannot be used with brakes.
- Gapless heel means the binding rides on a spring, popping you out of turns.
- Lateral release range is adjustable from 6-12 with the turn of a screw.
- Simple heel flap over the pins is the quickest way to transition.
- Additional riser height can be deployed by rotating the heel 180 degrees.
- Forward release is fixed based on a U-spring, which can be swapped.
- Wider hole pattern than classic Dynafit helps with stability and power transfer.
- Brakeless design saves you weight and transition time.
- Ski crampons are available and slide in from the side.
||2 + flat|
||Forged aluminium, carbon fiber-reinforced polyamide|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Gapless design adds some pop|
|Bottom Line||All the nice Alpinist features with more BSL range|
|Compare to other Lean Bindings|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.