The Ortovox LiTRIC Tour 40 offers a lot, and we're not just talking about volume. Fed up by traditional compressed gas cartridges, the LiTRIC Tour 40 uses supercapacitors driven by lightweight, lithium-ion batteries. This allows for multiple deployments in the field and easier travel, seeing as you can bring it along in your carry-on. If you find yourself wanting a smaller liter pack for shorter day tours, simply zip on the 30L pack, and continue about your day. The airbag stuffs easily into the airbag pocket without any need for intricate folding techniques. To help prevent the airbag from accidentally breaking free from its pocket, even when the pack is stuffed to the brim for a multi-day hut trip, Ortovox created an ingenious Lock System, that ensures the airbag springs from its storage pocket only when called upon. For steep booting sections, the diagonal ski carry allows for quick and secure attachment while the removable helmet carrier lets you bring along a helmet. From multi-day hut trips in Canada to lapping the glorious powder staches in Japan, the LiTRIC Tour 40 will happily do it all.
- Two activations are possible on a single charge within a 60-hour window.
- Holds a charge for 30 days when switched “off,” allowing you to keep the pack "ready to go."
- Lithium-ion battery-powered supercapacitors are light and reliable.
- Operating temperatures between -22°F to 113°F allow you to venture all over the globe, even to the Sahara!
- Two-layer airbag construction means the airbag can be stuffed into the pocket without folding.
- Five-year warranty with online registration provides peace of mind.
- Diagonal ski carry allows for easy and secure attachment.
- Electric LED display system lets you view the charge status of the LiTRIC Tour 40, even in direct sunlight.
- Modular system ensures compatibility with other Ortovox Zip-On packs.
- 40-liter capacity is suitable for multi-day hut trips or large day tours.
||Polyamide 400 D|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Light touring pack for big days|
|Notes||Removable pack for versatility|
|Bottom Line||Ultralight floatation with extra space for storage|
|Compare to other Airbag Packs|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.