The Petzl Swift RL headlamp is for folks who prefer the swift methods of mountain travel and who need a light and ultra-bright lamp that stays lit for hours. Beaming out a cool 900 lumens, the Swift is bright enough to function as a spare headlight for your car, but unlike your car, the Swift doesn't weigh 1800 lbs. In fact, the Swift is the brightest and lightest and most fully-featured headlamp in Petzl's lineup. This lightweight lamp features Petzl's super-efficient REACTIVE LIGHTING technology, which senses the ambient light levels and adjusts its own output to fit the conditions. This technology ensures a longer burn time and will (hopefully) prevent you from blinding yourself or your partner at the transition or belay. If these aren't enough features for you, Petzl opted for a two-part strap that will keep things steady when you're dodging trees on the ski out, and did we mention that the Swift is micro-USB rechargeable? Upgrade your vision and join the future with the Petzl Swift RL headlamp.
- With IPX4 weather resistance, you can confidently use the Swift in any weather (just don't drop it in a stream).
- A reflective two-part headlamp keeps things stable no matter how fast you're moving.
- The Swift can be switched between flood or mixed beam patterns on the fly.
- A single easy-to-use button controls all functions of this headlamp.
- Both REACTIVE and standard lighting types available.
- Recharges via the micro-USB port in 6 hours.
- Max light output of 900 lumens.
|Charging Time||6 Hours|
|Lumens||900 LM max
300 LM standard
100 LM minimun
|Battery Life||In Reactive mode
2-30 hrs max
5-40 hrs standard
10-50 hrs min
|Waterproof Rating||IPX4 Water Resistant|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Night Racing, Dawn Patrol, Long Traverses|
|Notes||Reactive mode can be turned off|
|Bottom Line||Super bright light in small compact package|
|Compare to other Headlamps|
Questions & Reviews
I use it regularly to train at night and in the early mornings and it’s fine trail running and skiing. Given the weight, it’s a bit overkill for fast urban running, but also kinda nice to have the extra brightness on some urban paths.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.