Gear that enables you to perform how you want to without being unmanageably heavy is the ultimate end goal of every ski brand. While some folks classify themselves as dedicated backcountry fiends, many (if not most) skiers dart back and forth between the skintrack and the chairlift. For the lady skiers who split their time between the resort and the backcountry, Tecnica has the lightweight and powerful Zero G Tour Scout boot. Four buckles and 55° range of motion rarely combine in one package, but the Zero G Tour Scout boot isn't your everyday boot. Here in the shop, we tend to develop favorite products in each category, and if you're a lady skier and are looking for a hard-charging four buckle boot, this is likely to be the first option we have you try on. If you like to ski hard and tend to blur the lines between in-bounds and the remote backcountry, the Tecnica Zero G Tour Scout is for you.
- Weighing in around 1325g, this boot straddles the beef and touring boot categories due to its four buckles, weight, and walkability.
- Tecnica used Grilamid in the shell, sticking with a tried and true material that molds well and is durable for the life of the boot.
- Tecnica's Ultralight Light Fit lace liner allows you to articulate the fit and feel of the boot just how you like.
- A burly power strap helps to make this boot feel much like an alpine boot on the descent.
- The ski/walk lever has a knotted cord on it, making it easy to switch even with gloves on.
Update 2022/23: The Zero G scout changed colors and received a liner upgrade. The liner is more articulate and has additional denser CAS foam in the heel for improved retention and longevity. This added 34 grams overall.
|Weight (pair)||2718g [25.5]|
||Tech, Hybrid, ISO 9523|
||C.A.S. Grilamid shell and PU cuff|
||Ultralight Lite Fit liner|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Sidecountry skiing, casual backcountry touring|
|Notes||The rockered vibram sole really shines on techy scrambles|
|Bottom Line||For how well it skis, remarkably light and walkable|
|Compare to other Womens Boots|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.