“Renewed, refreshed, reinvigorated.” These are a few words we’d use to describe the Gea RS 4.0 coming back from her summer vacation. While overall the Gea RS is the same powerful and walkable boot as prior generations, the 4.0 features a slightly updated fit* and is composed of more sustainable materials, derived from castor oil. Similar to the tried and true buckle scheme of the 3.0, the HRS ankle strap is designed to hold your heel tightly in place while the Wave Closure allows you to securely wrap your foot, both helping provide a precise feel on the down. A traditional cuff buckle and dynamic power strap from Booster top it off to provide a progressive and powerful skiing platform. The Speed MLT ski/walk mechanism is simple to operate and allows for an impressive 61-degree range of motion to keep the uphill breezy. From early morning missions to big day epics, this boot will be waiting and ready when you are!
- Carbon-infused Grilamid BIO and Pebax Rnew construction provide lightweight stiffness and rigidity throughout the boot while being more environmentally friendly.
- Speed MLT ski/walk mechanism is easy to use and allows for excellent power transfer.
- Wave Closure system allows for the top of the foot to be securely wrapped for better power transfer.
- HRS strap securely locks the heel down for skiing.
- The power strap is a dynamic, elasticized cam-lock beauty made by Booster Strap.
- Intuition Pro Flex liner is warm, moldable and supportive.
- Made in Italy.
*While SCARPA slightly tweaked the fit it will feel recognizable to those familiar with the previous generation.
|Weight (pair)||2600g |
||3 + Power Strap|
||Tech, Hybrid, ISO 9523|
||14°, 16°, 18°|
||Grilamid BIO w/ Carbon Core shell, Pebax R-New w/ Carbon Core cuff, Pebax tongue|
||Intuition Pro Flex Performance WMN|
||Vibran Cayman LT (ISO 9523)|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Free touring and everyday backcountry use|
|Notes||The most powerful Gea yet with the introduction of more eco-friendly materials to boot|
|Bottom Line||A rad boot for rad ladies|
|Compare to other Womens Boots|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.