Ortles? Rhymes with...well, nothing really. Monte Ortles is the tallest peak above Bormio where Ski Trab designs, builds, and tests all of their products including these cool sticks. In all the years there have been adjustable ski poles, the only jump in design seems to have been going from the dreaded twist lock to a clamp-style system. Moving adjustable pole-design forward, Trab has created a custom-length lower shaft so you can quickly set your preferred pole length for the downhill. Just unlock the clamp and push down to your preset height without trying to read those tiny numbers on the side of the pole. Can you say quick transitions? For grips, the Ortles comes with a handle from Trab's race models featuring a cork grip and extended foam section for easier adjustments while sidehilling or hitting the steeps. To complement the pole's ingenuity and attention to detail, the lower is made of Kevlar reinforced carbon to add durability to the long checklist of impressive features. The Kevlar upgrade adds strength and reduces fatigue (meaning it is less likely to catastrophically fail) and makes for a better option than carbon alone. Fast, light, durable, unique - call this pole what you will and consider calling the Ortles pole your own if you're in the market for a set of trusty sidekicks.
- Quick-adjust design takes the guesswork out of adjustment during skin-to-ski transitions.
- You need to cut the lower shaft to your desired length for skiing, then you can adjust longer for skinning.
- Carbon with Kevlar reinforced lower shaft is more durable than carbon alone.
- Slimmer Alu locking clamp is reliable and easy to use.
- Cork grip with foam extended grip makes sidehilling a breeze.
- Straps are adjustable and removable for increased versatility.
- Full powder baskets for deep days.
|Lengths (cm)||Unique cut-to-length lower that is set for your downhill length|
|Grip||Ortles cork grip with extended foam grip|
|Basket & Tip||Carbide tip with Ortles powder basket|
|Materials||Aluminium upper, carbon with Kevlar reinforced lower|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||For quick transitions between up and downhill|
|Bottom Line||Might be the best adjustable touring pole|
|Compare to other Adjustable Ski Poles|
Questions & Reviews
The amount that you can extend the poles is an extra 15 cm. At full length uncut to start the poles are around 150 cm tall. Hope this helps!
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.