The 105 is the not the slimmest ski in the Helio lineup. With the ample waist, it’s obviously more of a powder hound than the 88 and 95. That said, the ski has the same construction and dampening system found on the other skis in the line that make hard snow not just bearable but fun. The Helio 105 is a good option for a one-ski quiver for folks that hunt for powder on their daily adventures. It’s also good for ski mountaineers that like to ski fast and aggressively down variable conditions, and prefer the extra float and rocker provided by a bigger platform. The ski can handle what you throw at it, while not being too heavy on the approach. A solid ski for solid lines.
- Balsa flax wood core is laminated with carbon-fiber for good torsional stiffness and stability.
- Sidewall Dampening System has integrated rubber behind the heel for hard snow performance.
- Rockered tip and tail and a generous waist let you float in powder and stay above the chop.
- 5mm ABS sidewalls offer good rock impact protection and improve edge hold on the steeps.
- Titanal binding reinforcement plates are the latest in lightweight mounting security.
Update 2018/19: Along with a graphics update the ski had its layup tweaked for a bit more dampening. Weight went up a couple ounces per ski (new weights listed on Specs tab).
Compare otherHigh-fat Skis
|Lengths (cm)||165, 175, 185|
|Weight (pair)||2810g 
|Turn Radius||20m 
|Skin Fix||Round tip, reinforced flat-notch tail|
|Profile||312-350mm rockered tip, traditional camber w/ 232-260mm "Semi Rocker" tail|
|Shape||Rounded tip, medium radius, flat tail|
|Construction||Flat sandwich with pre-preg carbon layup|
|Core||Balsa flax wood core|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Lightweight powder laps, aggressive ski mountaineering|
|Notes||ABS tail protector is a nice touch|
|Bottom Line||Soft snow charger with technical precision|
Questions & Reviews
What does the marked "BC" mean on these skis? Is it "Board Center" or the recommended mounting point?
At 6'2" 200lbs with clothing and gear, I would like to hear a comparison (if possible) with Helio 105 at 185cm and the 95 at 183cm. I prefer light and stiff in all conditions.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.