The age of fixed-release race bindings is over; the time of the Mezzalama binding has come. Behold: The Dynafit Mezzlama Plus is a race-weight binding that features brakes AND fully adjustable lateral and vertical releases! While not unheard of, adjustable-release race bindings are exceedingly rare, which is why our minds were blown when we got our first glimpse of the Mezzalama series. With the ability to set the release between 5 and 10, the Mezzalama Plus can be an excellent race binding for skiers of varying skills and sizes. The brake pad is designed to act as your heel flap in walk mode, meaning that deploying the brakes also exposes the pins for one-handed, single-motion transitions. When it comes to selecting a race binding, pick adjustability and speed with the Dynafit Mezzalama Plus binding.
- This "Plus" version of the Mezzalama includes brakes for ISMF compatibility.
- Lateral and vertical releases are adjustable from 5 to 10, rare for a race binding.
- Brake pad/heel flap combination is ingenious and makes transitions a one-motion breeze.
- Ice breaker pins clear out your toe inserts to make the boot/toepiece interface as secure as possible.
- Aluminum and carbon construction keeps the binding lightweight despite all the added features.
- Optional adjustment plates let you adapt to a boot quiver.
- Included crampon receptors (+7g) can optionally be mounted.
||68, 74, 80|
||1 (no flat)|
||Aluminum, steel, high strength plastic|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Racing, training, speed touring|
|Notes||Brakes included for ISMF compliance|
|Bottom Line||A one-of-a-kind race binding with brakes and full release adjustment|
|Compare to other Race Bindings|
Questions & Reviews
A couple questions:
Is there a binding that you'd recommend that is available now?
Since I already have an adjustment plate is it possible that a new binding could be a really simple swap?
Would the 150 swap be easy enough that I could do it myself without going to a shop?
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.