Designed for agility, the Dynafit Racing gloves are made from Polarlite® DYNAstrech, a polyester / spandex blend that is form fitting yet very flexible. They also feature a soft chamude front which, combined with special silicone printed zones in the fingers and upper palm, offers excellent grip. The Racing gloves are finished with a brushed interior and neoprene cuffs to keep out cold and moisture. They also look pretty cool in grey or red with the Dynafit leopard.
- Polarlite DYNAstretch backside is a blend of 94% polyester and 6% spandex for an anatomic flex.
- Chamude palm is a 60% nylon / 40% polyurethane blend that is soft yet grippy.
- Silicon printed Grip-zones in the tips of the fingers and the upper palm are great for holding poles.
- Neoprene outer cuff and brushed inside help snug the glove comfortably to your hand.
|Weight (pair)||70g [L]|
|Cuffs||Wrist hugging neoprene|
||DYNAstretch shell, chamude palm, neoprene cuffs|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Chamude w/ silicone grip zones offer good grip|
|Bottom Line||Light, comfortable, dexterous glove|
|Compare to other Men's Gloves|
Questions & Reviews
-Durability- pretty good for a wimpy looking glove. Its hard to see in the pictures but the entire palm and finger area is leather plus there is that red grippy stuff on key areas.
- Breathable yet warmer than it looks- The glove is about 100 weight fleece or a light weight glove that works great in mild to cool skiing conditions. You would definitely want an overmitt for very cold or windy conditions though. Durability-wise, the leather palm makes them fairly durable for a glove like this but they are made for a very specific function and doing other things with them would likely lead to getting them torn up. Id bet that with some shoe goo they will last a few solid seasons or more. The Dynafit primaloft one pairs incredibly well with this glove (just as advertized!). One key thing is that the wrist area is long, covering the whole wrist and very well insulated. This is where many gloves fall short and end up being colder than they look. Dynafit nails this detail perfectly!
-Glove to skin interface- The only criticism I can find with these gloves is that the leather palms are rough-out style and since they are black I quickly noticed black residue on my skin tails where I grab them to pull apart prior to applying them to my skis for transition to ascents. Thats an area of the skin that takes plenty of abuse so gloves that add to that are not ideal. I think smooth leather palms work better. However, skin tails have to get maintained every now and then anyway so Im not sure this does much more than slightly speed up the inevitable.
A really good base component of a hand layering system for folks moving fast on skimo gear.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.