The time has come to introduce the North American market to the most Italian skimo race suit ever created. Karpos is the official supplier of the Italian National Team and with the help of Damiano Lenzi, they have unveiled a suit that is as sleek as a sheik. The body is largely comprised of Lycra Power, a material well-known for making skinny skiers look even skinnier. A Gore Windstopper panel makes up the front half of the pants, keeping your pistons warm and saving you from your own speed. The collar and wrist cuffs are finished internally with Thermofleece, a soft and sweat-wicking fabric that also traps a bit of warmth. Anti-slip silicone panels on each shoulder make sure your pack stays where it should. A Neoprene insert in the boot cuff improves durability and warmth in adverse conditions. As per usual, Karpos decided to throw in some Cordura cuff-guards to protect from the occasional ski edge or boot crampon. The Race suit features two enormous external dump pockets for fast access to skins and more. The top and bottom half are stitched together to operate like a onesie but feature a key opening near the front for when you overhydrate. Two pull-tabs on the main zipper adapt to different sternum or hip straps, allowing for the fastest transitions in the states. If your style isn’t Italian enough, don the Karpos Race Suit and turn it up to 11.
- Lycra Power main construction wicks sweat like it’s nobody’s business.
- Cordura Cuffs guards and YKK zippers are a Karpos specialty.
- Front Vislon zipper has two pull tabs, one at the top, one at the bottom, for versatility and speed.
- Anti-slip silicone shoulder panels make sure your pack stays in place.
- Gore Windstopper fabric on the front half of the leg panels keep your legs warm.
- Waist-opening allows for the path of least resistance when nature calls.
- Light DWR finish gives a bit of weatherproofing when nature shouts.
- Two large external skin dumps are easy to access.
- Two external zippered pockets are keep your candy organized.
- Elastic stirrups fit underneath your boot to keep the speed in and snow out.
|Pockets||Two external skin pockets, two external zippered pockets.|
|Cuffs||Neoprene inserts for warmth, Cordura for durability|
||Lots of Lycra, Cordura, Neoprene|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Racing, training, "FKT-ing"|
|Notes||Windstopper front panel, collar and wrists feature thermofleece for warmth.|
|Bottom Line||Gotta dress like Damiano Lenzi to beat him|
|Compare to other Men's Race Suits|
Questions & Reviews
Bottom line, this suit features practical outside pockets for faster transitions and overall efficiency. This race suits is perfect for warmer/spring conditions but can be easily adapted for colder days by wearing underwear of various thickness. To read a full review visit Skintrack.com.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.