The Kreuzspitze Heel Brakes are a fantastic accessory for the skier with a light setup who wants (or needs) brakes. This permanent brake is meant to be screwed on underneath the heel piece while mounting the binding on the ski-- Kreuzspitze also offers a removable version (found here), which clips onto the ski crampon attachment point. Like many pin tech bindings with brakes, while in touring mode this brake locks out, but while in ski mode these brakes are held down by the clipped-in boot heel and will deploy if you eject from the binding. Weighing in at an airy 123g per brake, the Kreuzspitze Heel Brakes are a great way to add a margin of error to your lightweight ski setup.
- Compatible with the Dynafit Speed Radical and Speed Turn bindings.
- Not compatible with Kreuzspitze EL or GT bindings due to pin height differences.
- All the metal on this brake is a durable steel, and is built to last for years.
- Brake clips into locked mode with simple heel pressure.
- Available in brake widths of 85, 100, and 115mm.
- 123 grams per brake.
Questions & Reviews
Great question! I just measured that distance from the top of the stomp pad to the ski as 23mm. Hopefully that helps clears things up!
I can't tell from the product description.
Also, is it possible to skin uphill with these brakes installed? (I currently have Dynafit Speed Radical bindings, bought new in 2020).
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.