To the La Sportiva Vanguard, wide-open GS turns on a big face, and driving high-fat powder skis are in its nature. The rigid 130 flex will thrive on even your largest pow planks. However, it will surprise you on the way up with its generous 63 degrees of cuff rotation. Once you figure out the V-shape cuff and asymmetrical scissor closure system, booting up will be a breeze - even if they spend the night in your trunk. If you are concerned about your carbon footprint, the Pebax shell and cuff of the Vanguard are derived from Rnew 1100 castor oil seeds, which will have you skiing cold smoke feeling less guilty! The thermo-moldable Ultralon performance foam liners will help you dial in the fit, and keep you comfortable all day long. If you want to take your downhill to the next level, but need enough cuff rotation to handle a Wasatch skin track (see: steep), get yourself a pair of La Sportiva Vanguards.
- ISO 9523 Compliant means the Vanguard is MNC compatible.
- EZ-Flex double tongue allows great uphill mobility, but a stiff flex for the way down.
- Abrasion resistance V-Guard Interfaces in the toe and heel will handle that rocky boot pack with ease.
- Twin-PWR double band ensures a precision fit in the cuff.
- Intelligently designed Ultralon liners have two flex zones and differentiated thicknesses.
- Rnew 1100 Castor Oil-based plastic offers a touch of sustainability.
||3 Buckles & TWIN-PWR™ Strap|
||Tech, frame, MNC|
||Ultralon® Performance Foam - Vanguard Liner|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Side country, backcountry, different countries|
|Notes||All-day comfort for big tours|
|Bottom Line||Inbounds, outta bounds, knows no bounds|
|Compare to other Freeride Boots|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.