When most people think of Switzerland, they think about the Alps, chocolate, and cheese. But here at Skimo, we think about Movement, and all the pleasant memories we’ve made thanks to the incredibly light and high-performing skis they’ve produced, such as the Fast 71. Keeping the familiar sidecut of the Race Pro 71, the Fast 71 has an updated construction that features Movements CORK-TIP technology, which is a lighter and more sustainable material than ABS plastic. This cork material is also highly dampening, meaning that you won’t be punished as aggressively when skiing variable and chunky snow. With its oversized tip, the Fast 71 floats surprisingly well in soft snow, helping you enjoy the surprise powder day you didn’t know about until halfway into your tour. If you are searching for an oversized race ski for racing, gargantuan objectives, or both, the Fast 71 will make it happen.
- Available in a longer length than most race skis for stability at higher speed.
- CORK-TIP gives the ski an impressive level of dampness while maintaining a low weight.
- Wide shovels and extra girth yield additional flotation in softer snow conditions compared to race skis.
- Carbon construction is tuned to help provide a light and stable ride.
- Paulownia core is selectively chosen for being ultralight, allowing you to move quickly through the mountains.
- Reinforced mounting plate utilizes Titanal and fiberglass to keep the binding on the ski.
- Race Edge is light and precise in steep terrain.
- Speed Base is durable and fast, like really fast.
|Lengths (cm)||160, 168|
|Weight (pair)||1540g 
||Light rocker tip, camber|
||Medium radius, flat tail|
||Carbon wrap, cap construction|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Going far, going fast|
|Notes||Cork-Tip dampens the ski|
|Bottom Line||Race ski with wider dimensions for all around use|
|Compare to other Race Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.