The Climb Pro Glide skins by Pomoca are a 70%/30% blend of mohair/nylon which is quickly becoming a standard ratio in ski mountaineering. The blend makes for a great balance of grip, glide, and durablity. Pomoca recommends these skins for mountain guides and experts, but we think everyone should experience the speed of the versatile blend with Pomoca's custom fiber treatment. These come with a ready2Climb attachment set that consists of a replaceable tip buckle and Back Fix tail clip.
- Uses special Pomoca nylon fibers that are quick drying with resistance to twisting and abrasion.
- Features a new tip buckle that can be swapped to fit any width ski (2 sizes included, others available).
- The climbing skin fibers are treated with a Pomoca Glide process that reduces friction.
- Simple Back Fix tail clip lets you fine tune the tension so your skins stay on.
- Ever Dry anti-glopping treatment and a waterproof membrane make these safe to use in wet conditions.
- Includes easy-to-use (puts other cutters to shame) Pomoca cutter with two blades and a Pomoca storage bag.
Questions & Reviews
I have an older pair of these skins and I really like them. I am pretty careful with my skins and I found the glue failed me much faster than other skins I've owned and faster than less careful friends glue. I'll probably buy another pair anyways but I am curious whether it was just me or if this was a known issue Pomoca has addressed. These were the version with the rainbow tail straps.
I made a notch in the tip so either type of tip attachment is ok with me
I would like to avoid trimming as much as possible or pay u guys to trim when I get the skins....makes me ocd trying to do it myself
would the pomoca climb pro (all mohair) be as good as the climb pro glide (70/30 mohair/nylon) ?
what size should i order for those skis?
what size would you recommend for my black crow camox freebird 177??
BD Drift 176 cm ( 136 mm, 100 mm, 122mm)?
100mm : 72mm installed, 80mm in box.
120mm : 95mm installed, 105mm in box.
140mm: 105mm installed, 95mm in box.
The trim tool is fantastic!! So glad skin manufacturers are coming up with different ideas on these. Trimming was a 10-minute job and very clean.
Minus one star for the tip loop attachment system on my skis. I think it would work great for skis with a sharp-ish tip, but I've got some Blizzard Kabookies with a fairly blunt tip, and they just kind of sit at the very end. I've been in touch with Pomoca and apparently they might make a wider bar next year which will alleviate the situation. They are working ok for now, so I'll wait for the wider bar rather than change to a different loop system, as I like the low-profile design of this system. I think they would work great on 95% of the skis out there that are <95mm and/or don't have a blunt tip.
Tail attachment works well and is easily adjustable.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.