The dual-certified Couloir Mountain Helmet by SCOTT is a lightweight and low-profile helmet that is great for both winter and spring conditions. Its dual-padding configuration is ideal for either skiing or mountaineering. Because climbing is hard and sweat-producing they have equipped this dome-protector with a Coolmax moisture management system along with a passive venting system to ensure no overheating in warmer conditions while still providing the appropriate warmth and insulation needed for colder conditions. SCOTT's Casidion Technology has allowed them to create a lightweight shell design that when combined with their Halo Fit System will have you feeling like an angelic cherub of the backcountry. Because it is always darkest before the dawn patrol, this helmet also comes with a headlamp attachment system that will keep your torch pointed in the right direction during those early morning starts. As a piece of safety equipment that is the best of two worlds, the SCOTT Couloir Mountain helmet can be there for a lift ride, or for a jaunt up a skin track. If you want to ski everything you can all winter long, get a helmet that wants the same thing!
- Dual certified as both a ski and a mountaineering helmet CE 1077 (alpine skiing) EN 12492 (climbing).
- Comes equipped with a Halo Fit System for a more precise fit.
- Casidion Technology insert in the upper shell creates a lightweight, low profile helmet.
- Headlamp attachment system keeps any lamp stable and in place.
- Coolmax moisture management system and dual padding configuration give all-season temperature regulation.
- Passive venting system allows for appropriate ventilation without sacrificing insulation.
|Certifications||CE 1077 (alpine skiing)
EN 12492 (climbing)
|Materials||Expanded polystyrene (EPS) liner with polycarbonate and Casidion shell|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski mountaineering, ski touring|
|Notes||Has a passive venting system and headlamp attachment|
|Bottom Line||Lightweight, low profile, dual-certified helmet|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.