Standing atop the podium on race day isn't a stand-alone event. Months of training runs that start in the daylight and end with a headlamp, solo dawn patrols, and many thousands of vertical feet climbed all go into winning a race. All those funny off-balance falls, pounding on your boots to clear the packed powder, and celebratory pole taps with your friends can take its toll on your ski poles. If you want a sturdy and reliable race pole that can stand up to yard sales and all the blatant abuse you throw its way, then the Trab Piuma Gara QC ski poles are for you. In addition to a solid aluminum shaft construction and interchangeable tips (QC = Quick Change), Trab added a race handle and a breakaway wrist strap which will pop off if you catch your pole on a tree or bush. For a race-weight pole that won't shatter if you look at it wrong, get a pair of the Ski Trab Piuma Gara QC poles and hit the skin track.
- Alp Clip strap and Gara Clip Handle provide a safety function that releases the strap from the handle if pulled on moderately hard.
- Quick Change Race baskets and Widia tips allow this pole to work in varying snow conditions and for a variety of needs.
- Ergal (aluminium) shaft is sturdy and light, perfectly built for skimo racing, training, and verbal abuse.
- Cork handles absorb sweat and don't get slippery when wet like Bon Jovi.
|Lengths (cm)||110, 115, 120, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145|
|Weight (pair)||418g |
|Grip||Gara Clip handle [cork, plastic]|
|Basket & Tip||Gara Quick Change tips|
||Ergal aluminum 16mm|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Racing, training, touring|
|Notes||Quick Change baskets includes tips so a broken tip does not ruin your poles|
|Bottom Line||Multi-functional aluminum poles with interchangeable tips.|
|Compare to other Fixed Length Ski Poles|
Questions & Reviews
- Grip has no texture. Very tiring to push on.
- Top plastic piece shattered after I hit a rock plunging the pole into the snow while booting. Arguably not in a ski pole's job description, but that kind of durability would be nice.
- Strap is fraying after about 20 days. Durability concern.
I was wondering if its possible to cut these poles to length?
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.