The GlideLite Mix skins from Black Diamond are for skiers who want the most reliable glue in a more manageable form than the Ascensions. The skins are lighter, have better glide, and are more packable than the nylons. Made with 65% mohair, the mix offers 65% of the glide benefit of natural goat fibers. BD placed them on a thinner, more supple backing so you have a better chance of fitting them in your jacket. The resulting skin is a couple ounces lighter than a comparable nylon. The strongest glue on the market keeps them attached to your skis. Buy the skins by the centimeter and affix with your favorite tips.
- 65% mohair and 35% nylon blends grip, glide, and durability.
- BD Gold Label adhesive is a top secret formula that just works.
- Packable design takes up 20% less space than nylon skins.
- 60g lighter than similar models of Ascension skins.
Enter your desired length in the quantity field, remembering you probably have two skis to cover.
ORDERING NOTE: These skins are sold by the centimeter (cm), meaning you should type in the Qty field the length (in cm) of skin you want for one ski “times two” for a PAIR. Unless you are making a backup skin, then just times it by one.
Questions & Reviews
1. These are off the roll, which saves some cash, allows you to pick your tips, and even cut them short for your toddler's new setup.
2. BD glue is pretty good, takes glue touch ups well, and generally is sticky without being "Call for a SAR, I just tore my bicep getting my skins apart in -10F temps."
3. The performance of BD skins is like a Starbucks Latte: predictable, decent for the price (but a better deal off the roll as sold here), and without any pretense.
1. They aren't the classic mohair "all black everything" that BD used to make. I have used many skins for many years, and *that* was a skin.
2. They aren't as hydrophobic as one might like, which means, keep 'em waxed, stash 'em in your jacket when skiing, and scrape them on the 'track to keep glop at bay.
3. Not wide enough for a splitboard as sold here (110mm)
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.