Designed to follow the popular Century pant (remember the "pant of the century"?), the Crazy Idea Avenger pants have some updated trimmings and colors, but in form and function are essentially the same thing. The Avenger pants are designed for comfort and functionality while exerting yourself in a wide range of conditions, making these pants the favorite Skimo Co softshell bottom. With wind-and-water-resistant material on the front of the legs, and lighter, breathable material on the back, these are made for upward endeavors. The knees and the bottom of the legs are made of reinforced material, so when you get sloppy with the crampons your pants may live to see another day (depending on how sloppy you get). An internal elastic waistband can be adjusted via an external lanyard and clamp, keeping you nice and aerodynamic on the up and the down. If you need a durable, functional, and comfortable ski touring pant, the Crazy Idea Avenger pants are the best choice to keep you smiling for many skin tracks and sunrises to come.
- Silver Magic reinforced material on the knees and bottom of the legs extends the life of your pants and is strong enough to hold up to whatever abuse you throw their way.
- Elastic waistband with internal drawstring will keep these pants on and where they're supposed to be and will stretch to accommodate the holiday weight surge.
- The whole pant is treated with DWR, keeping you dry and warm no matter how many times you spill your breakfast on the way to the trailhead.
- Two diagonal zippered front pockets are joined by a new pocket, running horizontally and located on the right aspect of the wearer's derriere.
- Gaiters on the back of the bottom cuff are designed to accommodate boot buckles and climb/ski levers.
Compare otherMen's Touring Pants
|Pockets||Two side zips and single back zip|
|Waist||Elastic w/ cinch cord|
|Cuffs||Elastic w/ zips|
|Materials||Knee Protection Silver Magic, Thermo Lite, Crazy Endurance, Polyamide Yarn|
|Lining||Very light fleece|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski touring, other mountain sports|
|Notes||Reinforced knees, cuffs|
|Bottom Line||Well-thought-out touring and mountaineering pant|
Questions & Reviews
The Avenger pant in an XL will fit tight to the body for you, but can be a good match if that is what you are looking for. If you are wanting a looser fit the Century pant in a XXL will be a great option!
Patrick // Skimo Co
If not these, curious what you have in stock that accommodates the PDG at my size.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.