Blending innovation with a continued dedication to reliability at low weight, the TLT boot line has been a mainstay among touring enthusiasts for several decades. The Dynafit TLT X is the latest entry in this series of lean boots and promises to be another hit, with several exciting updates. Perhaps most notably, the TLT X has reimagined its fit, remaining comfortable while losing some of the shell volume of previous iterations. Atop the foot, a Twistfit instep closure offers a secure, stress-free way to adjust the heel pocket. The result is an agreeable yet precise fit for a wide ski mountaineering audience.
Besides fit, there are also a few functional updates. The tongue loses some plastic, providing a marvelously friction-free forward flex. This edition of the Tech Low Tech has also done away with the “speed nose” toe welt-less design of the TLT 7 and 8, assuring greater binding and crampon compatibility.
At the same time, many features remain recognizable from this boot’s predecessors, such as the powerful fiberglass-infused grilamid cuff, grippy Pomoca soles, and Ultra Lock system–now in its 5th edition–that buckles the cuff and transitions from ski to walk with a single throw. Modifying its cuff height and coming in smaller sizes (and cooler colors!) than its brother, the Women's TLT X is an “X” factor to place you a step above the competition.
- Ultra Lock 5.0 remains the gold standard for simplicity in ski-walk mechanisms.
- Twistfit instep closure system threads in, out, and all around the instep to ensure an adjustable, solid fit.
- Five-year warranty is a statement of confidence about this boot's reliability.
- Grilamid-fiberglass cuff is the perfect stiffness once you're finally ready to enter ski mode.
- Power strap is included in the box but does not come pre-installed.
||Twisfit + Ultra-Lock|
||Grilamid shell, fiberglass-infused Grilamid cuff|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski touring & ski mountaineering|
|Notes||Great fit due to the Twistfit closure system|
|Bottom Line||TLT's best updates yet|
Compare to other Touring Boots
Compare to other Womens Boots
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.