When Grizzly bindings was founded in 2017, their creator, Jozef Gaborik, was on a mission to create some of the lightest bindings in the world that were functional and reliable. Fast forward a few years and their GR 98 binding nails that criteria. Featuring a removable ski brake, the GR 98 complies with the updated ISMF racing rules that require brakes for competition, while still being crazy light. Jozef even sprinkled in some innovations such as the Grizzly Flex system which allows the pin width to be adjusted to ensure perfect boot compatibility. In addition, the adjustable Grizzly Step makes stepping into the binding much easier, which has the benefit of keeping transition times to a minimum while the clock is ticking. If you’ve been seeking a no-compromise ISMF race companion, then cuddle up with the new Grizzly 98 race binding.
- Unique ski brake is removable so you can strip down to the bare essentials.
- Grizzly Fix toe locking system is simple and reliable to keep from stressing your hypoxic brain.
- Grizzly Flex pin adjustment changes toe width, helping to accommodate any touring boot.
- The swivel heel allows for a defined lateral release and a flat mode with a simple race flap for uphill.
- Available in two release strengths that change both the vertical and lateral values.
- Fulfills ISMF safety requirements for smooth sailing at check-in.
- Recommended for race skis only (sub 800 grams).
- Made with Alu 7075 and stainless steel.
- Imported from Slovakia.
||Yes, removable. Meets ISMF standards|
||1 + flat|
||ALU 7075, stainless steel|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||World Cup racing|
|Notes||Adjustable pin width helps with step in for quick transitions on race day|
|Bottom Line||Ultimate race binding with brake|
|Compare to other Race Bindings|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.