Certain inventions are acknowledged as the peak of human innovation and excellence. Fire, democracy, the automobile, and now, with the addition of the SCARPA Alien 4.0, that list has grown. Coming off the legendary 3.0 platform, the Alien 4.0 has made minor improvements for those who like to go uphill fast while having a stiff and precise boot on their feet. With an updated free-floating Boa® dial taken from similar boots in their lineup (Alien 1.1, F1 LT, e.g.), one can expect slightly better fine-tuning adjustments with a quick rotation of a dial. SCARPA has also updated the 4.0 by permanently adding foam on the upper cuff for better comfort and less fiddling out of the box. Because speed can mean safety in the mountain (as well as a podium finish), SCARPA has stuck with the Speed Lock Lite ski walk lever for single motion transitions along with Spectra cord that is easy to adjust while offering a stiff ride. SCARPA has stuck with Vibram UFO rubber under your feet which equates to solid traction on a mixed bag of terrain and excellent durability. The rockered sole gives it a trail-running feel. For fast and light days where weight, skiability, and range of motion are essential - the SCARPA Alien 4.0 is now the “Ferrari” of full-carbon ski boots.
- Full-carbon construction for the lightest boot option that SCARPA can offer.
- Updated free-floating BOA allows for better fine-tuning and heel retention.
- SCARPA Race 4.0 bikini liner offers a full-range ankle articulation as well as excellent thermo-moldability.
- Vibram UFO 4.0 outsole for maximum grip and durability on varied terrain.
- 76 degrees range of motion allows for the most efficient stride possible.
- Speed Lock Lite System means a fast and secure single motion transition.
- Dynafit Quick-step instep inserts are fast and reliable.
- Made in Italy so you know it must be good.
||Boa lower / Spectra cord with single throw for upper|
||9°-13° / 11°-15°|
||Race 4.0 SL|
||Vibram® UFO 4.0|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Racing, training, speedy touring|
|Notes||Padding added to the cuff to lessen the fiddle factor|
|Bottom Line||Winning races 4.0|
|Compare to other Race Boots|
Questions & Reviews
The 44 will roughly work for 10.5 to Maybe 11.5. And these fit towards the narrow.
Please fill out our boot finder and I will see what we can find for you. Also, include an accurate foot length to us.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.