Chances are that your first few seasons of ski touring were spent on some extremely grippy, yet heavy, pair of orange skins that shouldn’t be named. Hopefully, you've learned from your mistake and are ready to pick a real set of skins, like the Kohla Freeride Air Skins. These are a great option for skiers looking to save weight and space in their packs for snacks, layers, or maybe even a bottle of champagne. Featuring the same great fiber blend as Kohla’s Freeride Skins, the Freeride Airs don an even thinner and lighter backing material for those backcountry travelers looking for maximum weight savings in a mohair mix skin. So, in other words, the Kohla Freeride Air Skins will limit your time faffing around and looking like you’ve gained 25 pounds due to bulky skins stuffed in your jacket. Instead, more time can be spent skinning for miles with innumerable smooth transitions.
- Mixmohair blend with an even thinner more packable “Line” skin pile technology.
- Kohla Smart Glue makes for an easy-to-peel skin that works comfortably down to -22F.
- 100% waterproof / Fiber Skin backing technology.
- K-clip tail attachment is durable and simple to operate.
- Can substitute with other skin tip attachment options.
- High-quality laser precision cut skins.
- Made in Austria and solvent-free.
|Weight per skin (with backing)||302g [135mm x 170-176]|
Questions & Reviews
They are the thinnest, smallest to pack skin I have, and also the fastest gliding.
And that is comparing them to Free Pro 2.0.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.