Do you remember the first touring boot you ever heard of? Well, considering how long the SCARPA Maestrale RS has been in Scarpa’s lineup, there’s a pretty good chance that it was this legendary boot. Keeping up with the times, Scarpa was able to add Grilamid Bio - a green alternative - to the V-Frame Cuff of the boot. The bi-injected carbon-infused Grilamid shell keeps the boot as torsionally stiff as possible while keeping the weight down for all the powder hounds out there. Combining a generous 60 degrees range of motion and adopting the Speedlock XT ski/walk mechanism from the Maestrale XT boot, loss of power transmission and time spent fiddling with iced-up walk levers are now a thing of the past. Keeping the tried and true HRS strap and Wave closure systems enables the skiers to maintain the added confidence and power transmission one would expect in the legendary Maestrale heritage. An updated finger strap that works well with gloves and features RECCO technology rounds it out. The SCARPA Maestrale RS is still one of the best all-around touring boots for backcountry skiers who demand a beefy boot that still tours like dream.
- Bi-injected shell combing Grilamid and Carbon Grilamid LFT, keeps the weight down and the torsional rigidity high.
- Environmentally friendly Grilamid Bio in the upper cuff keeps the emissions down and your ski performance happy.
- Speedlock XT ski/walk mechanism for a bomber connection and excellent power transfer.
- HRS strap and lower Wave Closure system steps away from the standard buckles and cuts the weight down while still accomplishing great heel retention.
- SCARPA Pro Flex liner is nearly as good as gets for thermoformability and warmth.
|Weight (pair)||2942g 
||3 Buckles+ Finger Strap|
||Carbon Grilamid LFT, Grilamid Bio, Pebax|
||Scarpa Pro Flex Performance|
||Vibram Cayman PRO (ISO 9523)|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Free touring and everyday backcountry use|
|Notes||Updated Grilamid Bio material, updated power strap, beefy walk lever, and a different color scheme|
|Bottom Line||The go-to boot for anything you might find in the backcountry just got some nice updates|
|Compare to other Freeride Boots|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.