The DNA is Dynafit’s new top-of-the-line racing suit; they prefer to call it a second skin. It is built with energy-infusing Nilit® Innergy fabric and is fully featured for getting up, down, and around a race course. In the stomach is a set of pockets for storing quick-access items like skins, water, gel, and more. Just pull up on the lower zipper and reach in. The reinforced cuffs have stirrups and buckle cutouts for manipulating your boot buckles. Most controversially, the suit is sewn with a special nylon fabric technology that purportedly increases performance by reflecting body heat as far infrared rays. Whatever, as long as you look good!
- Inner kangaroo pouches and a simple chest zip keep you organized throughout a race.
- Four-way stretch fabric moves with you and offers UV protection and possibly energy.
- Boot buckle system lets you control your ski/walk mode mechanism through the suit.
- Sewn with flat seams so you have no chafing and no excuses to slow down late.
- Pocket sewn into the back of the collar for headlamps with external battery packs.
|Cuffs||Stirrups / scuff guards|
||Nilit-Innergy, an energy boosting nylon|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Reinforced boot buckle cutouts|
|Bottom Line||What winners wear|
|Compare to other Men's Race Suits|
Questions & Reviews
Otherwise, a very nice suit:
- Sizing is consistent with all my other lycro skimo racewear, and proportioned nicely throughout.
- No hood, but that's a very rare feature these days anyway. Haven't yet figured out what to do with the flap storage area in back below the collar ... perhaps an emergency N95 stowage for omicron's upcoming cousins?
- Zippered outer pocket just barely fits my phone (sans protective case).
- My version came with an inner zippered beacon pocket, very nice for a key fob also.
- The left & right inner kangaroo pockets are unique in experience in that they are double layered in a way, i.e., a total of four distinct inner kangaroo pockets. So you can place gel packets, water, etc., in the flaps closest to your chest, then your skins are stowed in the flaps further away from your chest.
- Gaiter is identical to my DNA training pant, my favorite such design of any lycra skimo racewear. Everything about it is just right, plus a semi-concealed slit is already there for a vertical lever, so no cutting required.
Minuses: no zipper beacon pocket and no tether for beacon.
Pluses: Fairly athletic fit (if not a bit large), and relatively breathable. Well-designed cutouts for boots.
Yes, that's the purpose. The outlined areas are laminates applied to the fabric so that it doesn't come unravelled when you cut out the holes corresponding to your boot buckle.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.