It doesn't matter if you're just getting into backcountry skiing or have skied 100 days a season for the last 40 years-- everyone needs a good pair of ski pants. Historically, skiers have had to choose between stretchy or waterproof, and lightweight or durable, but the Dynafit Mercury Pro 2 pants eliminate that decision entirely. Made of a stretchy, spandex-infused blend, the Mercury Pro pants are windproof and water resistant, and strike the perfect balance between protecting you from the elements without being too heavy or thick. A zip at the back of each cuff allows for easy ski/walk lever adjustment, while an internal boot gaiter keeps snow out. Burly kick panels on the inside of the lower leg will stand up to stray crampon points and sharp ski edges, and even a sharp stick or two for when you have to bushwhack out the bottom of the gully. Mesh-backed vent zips keep snow out while still allowing you to dump excess heat, and an adjustable waistband helps to articulate the fit as you widen and then shrink around the holidays. The Dynafit Mercury Pro 2 pants are perfect for epic days in the backcountry and short morning tours alike.
- The spandex blend material which these pants are made from is both stretchy and wind/waterproof, great for wallowing up a couloir.
- Reinforced panels on the inside of the lower leg resist puncture from whatever sharp or pointed objects you have the misfortune to brush against.
- The lower leg zip has been moved to the back (rather than the outside) of the leg, great for adjusting ski/walk levers as well as crampons.
- A dedicated beacon pocket located just below the hip of the pants has an internal clip to smoothly secure your beeper.
- Waist band can be internally adjusted, and belt loops are sewn on to make a belt or bibs easy to use or attach.
- As a ski pant, it should go without saying that the lower cuff is big enough to fit around ski boots.
Compare otherMen's Touring Pants
|Ventilation||Side zip with mesh back|
|Pockets||Hand pockets and Beacon pocket with clip|
|Cuffs||Adjustable cuff and cutouts for ski/walk levers|
|Fit||Athletic fit with room for layers|
|Materials||46% Polyester, 42% Nylon, 12% Lycra|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Wind and water repellent softshell for winter touring|
|Bottom Line||Full featured touring pant for the non Lycra group|
Questions & Reviews
Could you recommend one over the other for touring in fair-ish weather? I'd probably switch back to my hardshell pants in a heavy wet storm. Thanks!
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.