Since the dawn of climbing skins, skier-kind in colder climates have been faced with a relatively unique problem; how do you keep your skins in place? In order to get perfect adhesion during brutally cold temperatures, skins typically use a rather “sticky” adhesive. The problem? Getting them off during transitions often proves to be a better (and more full body) workout than your skin up. With the introduction of the Alpinist skin, Kohla may have come up with the perfect solution. Featuring Smart Glue, these skins will work down to a bone-chilling -30 Celsius (-22 Fahrenheit) AND are a breeze to rip off, helping facilitate faster transitions that involve less cursing. If you find yourself on the opposite end of the temperature spectrum, the waterproof backing and fluorocarbon impregnation will keep moisture away from the glue so you can keep your skins attached to your bases while gliding on with ease. The 100% mohair construction is extremely packable and quite literally won’t hold you back on long approaches, while still retaining enough grip to confidently climb to the top of the steepest climbs. Being made in Austria, these skins are constructed with the highest-grade materials and feature a laser cut finish for extra crisp edges. A reliable skin for cold weather mountaineering can be hard to come by; the Alpinist skin from Kohla is an efficient, fast gliding skin for general touring and well above average fun.
- 100% Mohair plush glides quickly and efficiently.
- High precision laser cut finish creates clean edges.
- Solvent-free because Kohla loves the planet.
- Waterproof Smart Glue won’t let you down, no matter the temperature.
- A customizable fastening system will let you use the skin on any ski, no matter the attachment system.
- Stainless Steel tip attachment is 85mm wide to accommodate most ski tips.
- K-Clip spring tail attachment gives reliable hold.
- Elastic Strap makes for incredibly easy adjustments.
- Made in Austria with high-quality materials.
|Weight (per skin, with plastic)||310g [130mm x 170-176]|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.