Mammut Light Removable Airbag Pack
Out For Season - Notify Me
As the big brother of the Ultralight pack, the 30-liter version allows you to carry technical gear and a few more candy bars. The Light Removable Airbag 3.0 offers the same safety features since it’s also equipped with Mammut’s third iteration RAS. The bigger pack is still light by itself, but it’s built with an aluminum frame to better handle a bigger load. That is important when you need to carry a rope, harness, and protection. It has a separate front pocket for avalanche rescue gear and is capable of carrying skis or a snowboard. The ice axe holder can also secure poles and is stowable when not in use. Gear loops on the hip belt and an integrated hip pocket let you keep important items handy. But most importantly, you’re getting the proven benefits of a reliable airbag pack when skiing big lines. The Mammut Light Removable Airbag 3.0 is all the pack you need for adventurous missions into avalanche terrain.
- RAS 3.0 is a dependable compressed air safety system that can keep you on top.
- Gear loop on hip belt can store technical gear like ice screws and quick draws.
- Stowable axe-pole carrier holds one or the other while climbing or rappelling.
- Airbag deployment handle is height-adjustable and has an easy-to-pull “T” handle.
- Diagonal ski carry system can be used or tucked away in favor of snowboard kit.
- Side-compression straps keep the load in place and suck up volume if necessary.
- Airbag system can be removed to lighten you load when things firm up in spring.
- Hip-belt pocket lets you store important items in front for quick access on the move.
- Hydration-compatible design has internal supports and an exit port for a suck straw.
- Dependable air cartridges can be refilled or replaced quickly while on a long trip.
- Back is thermoformed to be comfortable and last through many seasons of love.
- Avy shovel handle, blade, and probe can be stored in a separate front pocket.
Please note cartridges are sold separately.
||2414g [pack with airbag and full canister]
1070g [pack without airbag or canister]
||100D Nylon Cordura® Dobby Ripstop|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Longer, technical, safer ski missions|
|Notes||Gear loops on hip belt for protection|
|Bottom Line||A 30L version of the ultralight|
|Compare to other Airbag Packs|
Questions & Reviews
Big enough to fit a long days worth of gear, and maybe even a hut night or two if you pack more efficiently than me.
My one gripe is one of the ways the “light” is achieved is through lighter fabrics, which have some scuffs from trees. I wish there was a bit burlier fabric.
Is there any way to order or purchase a replacement sternum strap for this bag? The plastic clip that attaches to the rail on the shoulders straps broke (from the female end). I could try to rig something but I don't want to strap anything too tight around the shoulder strap because the trigger is in there. Does Mammut sell replacements? Thanks.
If you can send a picture of the broken part to firstname.lastname@example.org we can look into getting one for you!
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.