Here’s what happened: the recalled F1 Evo boots were melted down, fed to an improved boot making machine, and spit out into boxes. You can now have your boots back, which were the only ones that fit, we know! The improved F1 is virtually the same boot as the original, just without the misbehaving Tronic ski/walk mode mechanism. Instead SCARPA went with a tried and true F1 lever. They thankfully left the rest of the boot intact, which was working so well for those few months of the 14/15 ski season. The Women’s edition of the F1 has a cuff and last (forefoot width) tailored especially for XX chromosomes. She shares the carbon fiber frame in the lower shell with her brother, making her equally adept at transferring power to the ski. Also shared are the durable Vibram soles, snug BOA lacing system, and incredible light weight. Welcome the F1 back with open arms.
- Enjoy alpine like power with Carbon Core frame embedded in the lower shell.
- Get the perfect forefoot fit with the Boa® lacing system seen on Aliens everywhere.
- Walk freely with a cuff that bends 37 degrees rearward and 25 degrees forward.
- Keep the snow out with an Evo tongue that flexes with your ankle and transfers its energy.
- Secure the cuff with a thick adjustable Velcro strap that closes with a Fast Buckle.
- Casually stroll in comfortable Intuition® liners with special touring flex zones.
- Rely on the Vibram® UFO EVO soles for long lasting grip on mixed terrain.
- Adjust the forward lean to your style by selecting from multiple settings.
- Step into tech bindings easily with Dynafit patented Quick Step toe fittings.
Update 2018/19: The iconic SCARPA F1 is still ahead of its time but in order to keep everyone happy with shiny new boots, a new paint job was brought to the table along with some Recco hardware in the power strap.
Update 2020/21: SCARPA updated the still-popular Women's F1 with a new look for the new season. Additionally, a small plastic extension was added to the mold that prevents the tongue from getting caught underneath the lower shell when you put the boots on.
|Weight (pair)||2188g 
|Buckles||1 + BOA|
|Boot Sole Length||256mm [21.5/22]
|Binding Compatibility||Tech, Kingpin|
|Forward Lean(s)||20°, 22°|
|Materials||Carbon reinforced nylon shell, Pebax tongue|
|Liner||Intuition Pro Flex Evo Wmn|
|Sole||Vibram UFO Evo|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Classic ski/walk mode mechanism|
|Bottom Line||Light, fast, functional|
|Compare to other Womens Boots|
Questions & Reviews
I wear a size 9 running shoe, but it seems that I wear my boots on the smaller side. I have worn by current Gea RS boots about 70 days per year and they are blown out.
Looking to go with the F1s. Do you know how the fit/length is in comparison to the Gea RS? I have narrow heel, average arch and toe box.
I don't have access to try these on locally.
Thanks in advance.
All day comfort - they're basically like slippers. I've used mine to drive everything from Blizzard ZeroG 85's to Voile HyperDrifters. I do start to notice that they're a little on the soft side when in cruddier snow (especially as the air temp warms up in the spring), but the uphill performance is hard to beat. I spend most of my time going uphill anyways...
I have come up with a few tricks to make it less miserable over the last few seasons, but getting in and out is kind of a pain with all of the layers and that blasted rivet on the tongue. The good news is that you only need to do it once a day and once you're in, you're good to go.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.