Can’t decide if you want to optimize for the up or the down? Looking for a boot that does it all? Atomic has opted to make the decision easy for you in the form of the Backland XTD Carbon 115 W. Combining the best of the lightweight Backland and burly Hawx XTD series of boots, the Backland XTD Carbon 115 W provides a stable and powerful skiing platform while maintaining a relatively low weight. The impressive 74-degree cuff rotation will help the skin track fly by and even encourage you to take that extra lap. The Hybrid Overlap Shell construction makes getting the boot on a little easier during cold morning starts whilst allowing the foot to be securely wrapped, which will especially be welcome during aggressive descents. Whether booting up an icy couloir or walking across an icy parking lot, the Skwalk Touring sole will confidently provide traction, allowing you to plod on with confidence.
Compared to the Backland XTD Carbon 120, the women's model offers a lower cuff height, slightly softer flex, and a smaller size range including a true 22/22.5 mondo shell option. Get yourself the best of both worlds with the Backland XTD.
- Carbon-powered cuff and shell dialed to a 115 flex rating.
- Hybrid Overlap Shell construction allows smooth step-in and good foot wrap.
- Impressive 74 degrees of cuff rotation on smooth Frictionless Mirror Pivots for easy and natural walking.
- Free / Lock 4.5 external walk mode lever allows simple clearing of ice and snow and forward lean adjustment.
- Cross Lace 2.5 “Z” shaped cable and buckle combination on the lower provides excellent ankle and heel hold.
- Comes in the elusive true 22/22.5 mondo shell size for those small feet!
|Weight (pair)||2592g [25/25.5]|
||2 + 40mm Quick Release Cam Strap|
||13°, 15°, 17°|
||Carbon-Loaded PA shell and cuff|
||3D Platinum Tour|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Lightweight ski touring|
|Notes||Carbon infused Backland|
|Bottom Line||A better skiing Backland|
|Compare to other Touring Boots|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.