The Skorpius made a splash when it debuted, owing to its balance of stiffness and hikeability. Picking up where the original left off, La Sportiva's Skorpius the Second uses carbon-infused Pebax material throughout the shell and cuff. The tongue has been reinforced, averting the occasional breakage issues seen with previous versions of the boot. To suit a wider audience, the instep is higher, with an offset boa maintaining the precise heel hold Skorpius users have come to expect. With three forward lean settings, a moldable liner, and a Grip Guard sole, this boot has technical ski mountaineering credentials while also being comfortable enough for more quotidian outings. Make your feet proud and your friends jealous with the La Sportiva Skorpius CR II!
- Shell, tongue, and cuff are made from biologically-derived Pebax, reinforced with carbon for lightness, stiffness, and environmental conscientiousness.
- Thermomoldable Skorpius II liner incorporates areas of high and low density foam for targeted comfort and maneuverability.
- Swing-lock closure system prevents snow clogging.
- Optional power strap is easily removable to simplify transitions.
- EZ 3D flex tongue with boa promises durability and adjustability.
|Weight (pair)||2380g [27.5]|
||1 Buckle with velcro strap, swing lock, Boa fit system, optional power strap|
||12°, 14°, 16°|
||Pebax Bio Based Rnew with 10%-30% carbon reinforcement|
||Thermomoldable Skorpius II liner|
||La Sportiva Grip Guard (complies w/ ISMF standards)|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Light and fast ski mountaineering|
|Notes||Ski Trab Titan quick step in inserts|
|Bottom Line||Making the already great Skorpius even better|
|Compare to other Touring Boots|
Questions & Reviews
The forward lean on the La Sportiva Skorpius CR is adjusted via a spoiler. If you are missing that part, reach out to email@example.com, and we will see what we can do.
I think the MTN Summit skis well for its weight and maintains a decent flex. I'm not on board with the category-breaking rumors I've been hearing.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.