We’re lucky to live in an era of gear that defies categorization, and the Radical 97 from Dynafit is the latest textbook case study. The Radical 97 is light enough that you won’t hesitate to grab them as you head out the door and comes in a width that’ll handle almost anywhere you’re going. While the rocker profile lends itself towards maneuverability and flotation, there’s still plenty of edge contact for stability and consistency on steeper or less-than-optimal snow. Constructed with a remarkably damp poplar wood core with carbon stringers and a full sidewall, the Radical 97 can take some speed and is more than happy to blast through variable conditions. Powder, mountaineering, everything in between, the Radical 97 will happily do them all.
- Ample tip and tail rocker provides a maneuvarable ride while promoting flotation.
- Single radius sidecut and consistent flex profile for predictable carving and edge hold.
- Full ABS sidewall construction for increased durability and power transfer.
- Poplar wood core with carbon stringers gives you a lively and damp ride, like a magic carpet.
- Notched tips for use with Speedskins or use any trim-to-fit skin kit with standard bails.
- One ski quiver for those that prioritize the down!
|Lengths (cm)||170, 177, 184|
|Weight (pair)||3020g 
||Tip notch, flat tails|
||Generous tip rocker, camber underfoot, ample tail rocker|
||Spoon tip, medium radius, tapered tail|
||Full sidewall vertical laminated|
||Poplar wood core with carbon stringers|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Powerful freeride ski|
|Notes||Easy to pivot in tough snow|
|Bottom Line||All mountian quiver of one|
|Compare to other High-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.