The Dynafit FREE 32 Pack seemingly takes from both the lightweight skimo world AND the definitely-not-skimo feature-rich world. Made out of the same, rugged material as the Expedition packs, this new pack is sure to hold up against almost anything that is thrown at it. Along with its burly fabric, it'll hold all of your sharp & pointy bits, including ice axes and razor-sharp skis. Designed for long missions in the mountains, you'll enjoy the ever comforting anatomic cut for a close fit. It feels similar to a warm hug from your local avalanche forecaster. With a waterproof pocket for skins & wet jackets, the Dynafit FREE 32 pack makes it so that you'll have to come up with a new excuse to bail from your skiing plans.
- Covered in Nylon 210/D Ripstop fabric, this bag will last.
- Integrated helmet carry tucks away in an internal velcro pocket.
- Features a Detachable Ski Carrying system for a diagonal carry.
- A-frame carry is also supported when you need maximum balance.
- A separate pocket for avalanche and snow tools keeps you organized.
- Outside Mesh Pockets allow for stuffing spare layers on the go.
- Waterproof pocket is a good place for id, map, valuables.
- Removable water bottle holder is included for a front drink.
- Bladder holes so you have options for a drinking system.
- Adjustable ice-axe carry is convenient ax-transport.
- Back insert is removable if you want to go super light.
- Sternum strap is height adjustable to get the fit dialed.
Update 2022/23: Dynafit has released some new colorways for this fan favorite pack, otherwise it remains unchanged!
|Access||Bottom safety pocket, back access, front access|
|Hydration||Removable water bottle holder and hydration hose compatible|
|Ski Carry||Removable ski carrying system|
|Shovel / Probe||Safety equipment compartment|
|Ice Axe||Ice ax fixation on the outside of the pack|
|Stash Pockets||Safety pocket and outside mesh pockets|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Big tours and expedition days|
|Notes||Height adjustable sternum strap|
|Bottom Line||Full-featured pack for big days|
|Compare to other Backpacks|
Questions & Reviews
There's no established weight limit, but you shouldn't have any issues carrying skis and boots with this pack. I would say that comfort is the main weak link when carrying heavy loads with this pack, not the fabric or stitching. The straps will be digging into your shoulders long before the pack itself rips.
Being a one-sized pack there is no recommended torso length. The length of the back panel is 19 inches.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.