How can you tell if the Low Tech Race 105 binding is for you? Well, if you own more than one full body spandex/lycra suit, if you get upset when your fancy European imported cheese is 6g lighter than the package says, or if you obsessively time your commute each day, this binding might be for you. Weighing in right around 105g, this updated Low Tech Race 105 (the name makes sense now, right?) has a reinforced heel to provide more confidence for those hot and fast race descents without tipping the scales out of your favor. Available with either automatic or manual locking toe pieces, as well as with a fixed or adjustable plate mount (plate sold separately), this binding can be customized to fit all your skimo racing and training needs. Whether you're lining up at the starting line or still just training for race day, the Low Tech Race 105 is a near-perfect binding for lightweight performance on the course.
- Optimized drilling pattern aims to decrease the chance of bindings pulling out of skis by evenly dispersing force among all four holes via hole placement and binding construction.
- Auto-locking toe piece has a smaller, forged aluminum release lever that does what its supposed to do very well-- automatically locks out when you step into it.
- Manual locking toe piece has larger, plastic lever that functions identically to most other Dynafit toe pieces, to be skied flat or locked out.
- Reinforced heel unit should inspire confidence while descending, now able to withstand rough, off-piste descents.
- Adjustable toe height to accommodate a wide range of boots and heel pieces.
||Forged 7075 Aluminum, high tech synthetic|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Heel has an aluminum exoskeleton|
|Bottom Line||Lighter yet burlier than the Low Tech 2.0|
|Compare to other Race Bindings|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.