Big races, 10,000 vertical foot days, and fast ski mountaineering missions - the Mezzalama boot is built with these adventures in mind. Borrowing some of the DNA from Dynafit's higher-end lineup, the Mezzalama is a multi-functional boot for those with quick intentions. This version is made with a carbon/grilamid shell and a grilamid/glass cuff so that these boots can ascend like a butterfly and descend like a bee. The same Race Lock found on the DNA also inhabits the Mezzalama, meaning that transitions will be a breeze. The Twistfit system provides an individualized fit and helps keep the heel locked so you can focus on not rag-dolling on the descent. The Dynafit Mezzalama boot helps you take care of business, no matter how ambitious.
- Race Lock system allows for simultaneous engagement of ski mode and cuff tightening.
- Twistfit allows for an individualized fit by dialing down a plate over top of your foot.
- Carbon infused Grilamid shell is tough, light, and punchable.
- Master Step inserts provide a solid interface with quick step-in.
- Pomoca rubber sole helps with traction on those icy booters.
* Sizing Note: The Mezzalama boot utilizes "race sizing," meaning that unlike other Dynafit boots the shell splits on the half-size, so 25.5 and 26 will have the same lower shell, for example. You will want closer to a one-finger fit behind your heel when shell-fitting the boot due to the thin liner.
|Weight (pair)||1854g 
||Twistfit instep, Race Lock cord on the cuff|
||Cuff - Grilamid w/ glass fibers
Shell - Grilamid w/ carbon fibers
||Pomoca Race ISMF|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Racing, adventuring, speed mountaineering|
|Notes||Single throw ski/walk levers change lives|
|Bottom Line||Race efficiency at a friendlier price point|
|Compare to other Race Boots|
Questions & Reviews
Really looking forward to upgrading, but which of the new two racing dynafit boots (dna/mezzalama) are the stiffest? Or are they expected to be equal?
(all things considered, carbon + thin liner vs noncarbon + thicker mezzalama liner)
Great question! The DNA will be stiffer than the Mezzalama due to the carbon cuff. But that being said, the Mezzalama is no slouch and will still ski quite well for a boot in this weight class.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.