The Mezzalama Race is a multi-use pant designed for high-speed backcountry skiing, cold-weather training, Tuesday night racing, and skiing into late spring. It replaces the PDG pant in Dynafit’s line, which many skiers adored. They surely adore the updated version, despite being named after a different race. On the seat, hamstring, and calf of the pant, the 4-way stretch Carvico fabric is an incredible material that’s abrasion-resistant, breathable, and water-repellent. Dyna-Shell windproof fabric occupies the front of the pants so you can charge confidently into the bitter wind. Durable zippered cuffs allow for long approaches on foot and yet will still keep snow out on a cold powder day. If you like to move quickly in the mountains and like to get creative with approaches and routes but have no time to slow down, the Dynafit Mezzalama Race pant is the way to go.
- Stretchy drawstring waistband and flat seams are as comfortable as pajamas.
- Two zippered hip pockets are good for cameras, food, sunscreen, or even a beacon.
- Brushed with a light fleece lining to improve warmth without affecting breathability.
- Reinforced hem and zippered cuffs are a superb blend of durability and flexibility to accommodate different boots.
- UV Protection has been built into the fabric, so go enjoy the sun!
Update 2020/21: This pant has been replaced by the deuce.
|Pockets||2 front zip pockets|
|Waist||Elastic w/ drawstring|
|Cuffs||Zippered with access to buckles|
||85% Polyamide, 15% Elastane, Dynashell|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Windproof in front for speed
Reinforcements for boot buckle cutouts
|Bottom Line||Race-ready windproof pant|
|Compare to other Men's Speed Pants|
Questions & Reviews
Are these pants compatible with PDG boots? I assume so, but just want to make sure.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.