Like the Ugly Duckling that grows to be a beautiful swan, the Fritschi Tecton has always stood out from other tech bindings. And like The Little Engine That Could, it exceeds all expectations of what traditional pin bindings are capable of. Thanks to the ingenious design of the toepiece, the lateral release occurs at the toe instead of the heel, which results in the Tecton protecting your anatomy in the same way a typical alpine binding does. Fritschi also engineered the toe to be impressively easy to step into with a simple pad that gets depressed by the toe of the boot, releasing the toe wings to snap into your inserts. The alpine-style heel offers a familiar and confidence-inspiring hold on the boot. Transitioning involves pushing the heel lever flat from a vertical position, with no twisting of heel pieces required. From a construction standpoint, the high-grade plastic used in the binding not only keeps the weight low but also acts to dampen out vibrations from the ski, delivering an impressively smooth ride no matter the snow conditions. Whether you’re skiing in-bounds to Where the Sidewalk Ends or touring to Where the Wild Things Are, the Fritschi Tecton 13 will keep you asking for more, much like that little mouse you should have never given a cookie to.
- Lateral release at the toe for alpine-like release and safety.
- Fully adjustable forward and lateral release from 5-13 ensures proper release for a wide range of skiers.
- High-grade plastic absorbs shocks from the ski for a damp ride in any conditions.
- Revamped ultra-easy step-in means no frustrating fiddling to get into the binding.
- Elasticity in the toe (13mm) and heel (9mm) reduces the chances of pre-release.
- Three included colored inserts allow you to customize your binding to match your style.
|Weight (pair)||1282g [100mm]|
||90, 100, 110, 120|
||2 + flat|
||Steel, aluminum, plastic|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||In-bounds, out-of-bounds, all-the-bounds|
|Notes||Lateral release is controlled at the toe like an alpine binding|
|Bottom Line||An excellent binding for charging skiers seeking a smooth ride|
|Compare to other Full-featured Bindings|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.