Professionals in the ski community have trusted Mammut for years due to their reputation for making the highest quality products that manage to be packed full of important features while still being quick and easy to use - the Barryvox S is no exception. Despite its simplistic design, the Barryvox S is packed full of useful features. One of the more handy and important features is the Rescue Send mode--allowing rescuers who are not leading the search to keep their beacon on without transmitting or searching. This is combined with the built-in Auto-revert function that will automatically switch the beacon from Search mode or Rescue Send mode to Transmit mode if the user becomes immobile for 4 minutes in the case of a second avalanche. It also has an auto-guidance function that will continue to guide the rescuer in the case of signal failure or overlap. The 3D sensor can help the lead rescuer concentrate their resources on the victims that are closest to the surface and have the highest likelihood of survival. When switched to analog mode this beacon has an incredibly large search range with a receiving bandwidth up to 95 meters. It also functions with lithium batteries, which have a much longer battery life and make it more stable at lower temperatures. The display is backlit, making it easy to see even while wearing polarized glasses or goggles, and the ergonomic design makes it easy to operate with gloves on. With all of these features and more, the Barryvox S is the perfect choice for professionals in the ski and backcountry industry.
- Ergonomic design makes for easy handling and use, even with gloves on.
- Effective digital search range of 70m that expands to 95m when switched to analog.
- 300 hour send battery life with alkaline batteries, 400 hour send battery life with lithium batteries.
- The backlit display is easy to read even when wearing polarized glasses or lenses.
- Group test function with easy to follow instructions.
- Automatic self-test and function test.
- Auto guidance function continues to guide rescuer to a buried subject in the case of signal interruption or failure.
- Multiple burial marking and listing functions.
- 3D sensor helps the rescuer concentrate resources on buried subjects with the highest chance of survival.
- Rescue-Send function allows non-searching rescuers to keep beacon on without transmitting or receiving.
- Auto-Revert function uses a motion sensor to automatically revert beacon from search or rescue-send, back to transmit in the case of a second avalanche.
- Start screen and user texts can be personalized.
- 2-year warranty with an additional 3-year Mammut guarantee if registered.
||207g w/ 3 AAA batteries
332g w/3 AAA batteries and holster
|Antennas||3 digital/analog combo|
|Search Range||70m digital, 95m analog|
|Number of Victims|
|Battery Life||300 hours transmit alkaline, 400 hours transmit lithium|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Backcountry skiing, guiding, industry professionals|
|Bottom Line||Ultimate beacon for professionals and backcountry enthusiasts|
|Compare to other Beacons|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.