Armada Locator 112 Ski
In Stock & Ships Today
Although ski mountaineering has historically been associated with the European Alps, North Americans have contributed their fair share of innovations to backcountry skiing. Park City, Utah’s Armada Skis continues this tradition with input from a cohort of expert freeride skiers that led to the creation of the Locator 112. Built for big lines, big snowfall totals, and big grins, the Locator 112 prioritizes a supple downhill performance while keeping the weight light, thanks to its Caruba wood core. At the same time, Titanal and rubber layers below the binding work to reduce vibration where you would feel it most. A unique low-profile camber pairs with a tapered tip and fore rocker for a buoyant ride down the fall line. For those dreamy days where you’re only limited by daylight or your own energy levels, it’s not hard to locate the right skis for the job with the Armada Locator 112.
- High-performance Caruba wood core provides pop and flexibility at a low weight.
- EST Freeride Rocker profile marries a rockered, tapered tip and flat tail to keep these skis floating like a cork.
- Longer turn radius targets skiers pursuing stability at fast speeds down the fall line.
- Rubber and Titanal layers dampen vibration so your legs can focus on packing in more powder laps.
- Sintered comp bases with carbon improve speed and durability.
- Snazzy red graphics showcase Armada’s good taste.
|Lengths (cm)||166, 173, 180, 187|
|Weight (pair)||2930g 
||AR Bat Tail Self Center|
||EST freeride early tip rise, low profile camber, flat tail|
||Tapered tips and tails|
||Comp Series Base, TI binding dampener, carbon reinforcement|
||Caruba wood core|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Big lines, spines and climbs|
|Notes||Larger turning radius and EST Freeride Rocker profile create stability at high speeds|
|Bottom Line||Park City freeride champs nail their powder touring ski|
|Compare to other High-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Considering these as a bc powder ski. I prefer more traditionally mounted skis as opposed to new school center mounts which is the reason for asking. Thanks.
166cm length ones, and they weigh 2800 grams for the pair.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.