Behold, the DPS empire has moved to the Far East with the new Pagoda line, but the banana shapes of their previous Jamaican-reggae skis have stuck around for the trip. Longtime Skimo Co shoppers will remember our remarks on the last iteration of the Wailer 112: "the rockered profile perfectly integrated with the buttery sidecut makes skiing too easy," we concluded. "As such, we don't recommend even tempting yourself with this ski." Confounding our best efforts, the Tour1 Wailer 112 put DPS on the map for backcountry powder hogs and became a best-selling, award-winning ski year after year. The new Pagoda Tour construction adds scant grams on the scale, but ups the performance to previously-unimaginable levels of deep-snow excellence. Damp, predictable, and impressively stable at high speeds, the Pagoda 112RP will keep you on top effortlessly while laying down perfect Wasatch wiggles on a bottomless day. But it's in less-than-perfect conditions that the Pagoda really stands out from its predecessor, with the added damping of the foam core and wood stringers keeping the ski stable when the 3% blower up high turns to cut-up, sun-baked mank down low. Whether you're on a hut trip to the Canadian Interior or skiing the South Face of Superior after a storm, the DPS Pagoda Tour 112 RP has an almost telepathic feel and will keep your legs fresh lap after lap. DPS's Pagodas were engineered with the future in mind, while the shape and feel are staying true to their powder-loving roots.
- The long-awaited successor to the best-selling Wailer 112.
- Pagoda ski line has matched the best characteristics of the Tour1 and Alchemist/Pure3 lines for an easy-skiing experience.
- Ash and paulownia stringers keep the ski light on the ascent, and very happy in the deepest of powder.
- Aerospace-grade foam core gives an unbelievably damp feel that shines in the crud.
- Textured polyamide topsheet keeps snow and ice off your ski when the skies open up and drop the white stuff.
- World Cup race-grade base material leads to fast gliding skis and is well paired with DPS's Phantom 2.0 treatment.
|Lengths (cm)||158, 168, 178, 184|
|Weight (pair)||2560g 
|Skin Fix||Rounded tip and tail|
|Profile||Generous tip rocker, camber underfoot, tail rocker|
|Shape||Rockered tip, short turning radius, rockered tail|
|Construction||Foam core with ash and paulownia stringers and full sidewalls|
|Core||Aerospace grade foam, with ash and paulownia stringers|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Deep powder touring, speed encouraged|
|Notes||Award-winning 112 RP shape with the new Pagoda tour construction|
|Bottom Line||A powder ski that somehow makes powder even smoother|
|Compare to other High-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.