The ATK Freeraider 14 is one of those products that defies singular categorization by merging two vastly different genres. Is it a freeride binding featuring a high release value of 14 that is capable of big stomps? You betcha. But here’s where things get interesting. It is ALSO (somehow) lightweight enough to be used for everyday touring without feeling like you’re hauling a burdensome ball and chain up the skin track. We can hear the backcountry cliff droppers rejoicing while bigger, hard-charging skiers also nod their heads in agreement. For the folks requiring high release values (you know who you are), take comfort in knowing that ATK incorporated 12mm of heel elastic travel for cushy landings. Speaking of gaps, the Freeraider 14 features adjustability up to 25mm to accommodate a lot of different boots. The binding also comes with a freeride spacer that adds support under the heel when skiing hard, making for a stiff ride. Made in Italy using quality materials and fine machinery, the ATK Freeraider 14 won’t let you down or out (easily).
- Choose a release value between 8-14 to keep the skis on when you want and off when you don't.
- Alu Alloys, Stainless Steel, and POM materials used to withstand your abuse.
- 25mm of adjustment so you can use a whole quiver of boots.
- Five different walk modes give you plenty of options on varying terrain.
- 12mm of travel in the Elastic Response System that works to smooth out those high-impact landings.
- Cam Release System is featured in the heel pieces to make the vertical retention very precise.
- Easy Entry System makes stepping into your toe pieces a cinch.
- Snow Pack Proof feature prevents snow/ice/debris buildup in toe pieces so you can focus on skiing, not cleaning your gear.
- Uphill Hardness Variator allows you to adjust toe piece locking pressure.
- Magneto Heel Flaps help stabilize the heel risers so they don't rattle around.
Update 2021/22: The new "Glam" color is a limited edition release with only 199 pairs worldwide, so get yours fast!
|Weight (pair)||742g [97mm]|
||97mm, 102mm, 108mm, 120mm|
||4 + flat|
||Aluminum alloys, POM, stainless steel|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Freeride, backcountry, sidecountry|
|Notes||Includes Freeride spacer|
|Bottom Line||Send it hard without the weight penalty|
|Compare to other Full-featured Bindings|
Questions & Reviews
Yes, Dynafit ski crampons are compatible with ATK bindings! Refer to our Ski Crampon Compatibility article for a full guide on the world of Ski Crampons!
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.