Rocketing through the atmosphere, Petzl's updated Meteor helmet seems to appear only as a brief flash of light whizzing past on the skin track. This is the first CE-certified "ski touring helmet", combining light weight protection and ventilation into one package. With the Meteor, Petzl has pioneered a cutting edge race helmet with side, front, and rear protection that will keep you skiing all year round. The sleek looking expanded polystyrene (EPS) foam helmet has a lightweight polycarbonate shell for added durability and it comes in a variety of color options. A glove-friendly ratcheting fit system in the back allows for a secure fit and quick adjustments. One helmet for year-round performance!
- Designed in accordance with Petzl's TOP AND SIDE PROTECTION label to go above and beyond typical mountaineering helmet tests.
- Better side, front, and rear protection than the top-impact climbing helmet certification (EN 12492) and better weight and ventilation than the alpine ski helmet certification (EN 1077).
- Optimal ventilation on both the ascent and descent.
- Front of helmet is specifically designed for integration of ski goggles, combined with an elastic band in the rear for your goggle strap.
- Two clips in front and a rear elastic band for securing a headlamp to the helmet.
- Semi-rigid headband can be adjusted easily, even with gloves on.
- Compatible with VIZION and SKREEN eye shields.
- Certifications: CE EN 12492, CE casque de ski de randonnée, UIAA.
|Certifications||EN 12492 (climbing), CE ski touring helmet (PCSR-002)|
||Expanded polystyrene (EPS) interior, polycarbonate shell|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Suited for ski touring|
|Notes||Compatible with VIZION and SKREEN eye shields|
|Bottom Line||Lightweight, low profile, ventilated helmet|
|Compare to other Mountaineering Helmets|
Questions & Reviews
I honestly couldn't tell the difference when the helmet was clipped on my pack, and it is comfortable and confidence inspiring when on my head. Glad I bought it.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.