SCOTT has added the brand new Freetour ski to their Superguide line this year and boy what an excellent addition it is! This powder ski has the versatility and maneuverability that is sometimes hard to find in a bigger ski while still maintaining high speed stability in a variety of snow conditions. It has a paulownia/beech core that is combined with carbon/aramid fibers to give the ski strong torsional properties while still keeping it lightweight. This means it will straight line, carve GS turns, and slash pow like a dream without being heavy and cumbersome on the way up. It also has an award-winning 3Dimension sidecut design that combines a wider tip radius and a tighter tail radius with a long radius underfoot, making for improved edge control and varying turn shapes. The longer sidecut underfoot also adds stability and predictability to the ski. These boards have some serious dampening to them, the side effect of a dual wood core, which also lends itself to incredible stability. This combination of attributes makes these skis an ideal choice for big and steep lines where you can really open it up and fly. When it's time to scrub some speed and get more technical, the sidecut and carbon/aramid fibers make the ski extremely responsive and easy to maneuver. For those looking for a wider pow-slaying ski that will still tackle more technical, tighter terrain with ease, SCOTT has created the Freetour Superguide just for you.
- Pro-Tip Rocker keeps your tips up in deep snow.
- 3Dimension Touring sidecut provides maneuverability, stability, and precise edge hold.
- Full length dual paulownia/beech core produces a more consistent, damp flex.
- Carbon/aramid fibers add stability and torsional stiffness without adding weight.
- Dual radius profile creates a more well-rounded ski that excels in both large and small radius turns.
- SCOTT Hook Fixation system fits perfectly with your new skis.
- Factory finish includes edge bevel and CNC base grind so you can mount 'em up and ski 'em down right away.
|Weight (pair)||3160g 
|Turn Radius||24m 
|Skin Fix||SCOTT Hook Skin Fixation System, flat notched tail|
|Specs Verified||185 only|
|Profile||Pro-Tip rocker, camber underfoot, flat tail|
|Shape||Round tip, 3Dimension long radius sidecut, flat tail|
|Construction||Sandwich sidewall semi-elliptic construction w/ carbon/aramid fibers|
|Core||Paulownia and beech|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Backcountry powder skiing|
|Notes||A versatile powder ski that is easy to turn|
|Bottom Line||Strong, maneuverable powder ski, but not overpowering|
|Compare to other High-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.