Like its little brother, the Dynafit ST Rotation 12 is one of the few tech bindings that has met the elusive DIN standards for release consistency and performance under pressure. This is due in large part to the rotating toe piece from which the Rotation binding gets its name. The gapless heel piece is spring-loaded to reduce any change in release value throughout the flex of the ski. The toe piece sits on a rotating baseplate that works in conjunction with the burly heel-piece so if you load the skis up in a turn and the boot wanders away from the center-line, the toe piece stays closed. This means less chance of pre-release. To simplify: this version of the Dynafit ST Rotation is all black and goes to 12 so you can look good while charging with reckless abandon in chunky snow on big skis.
- 10mm of “forward pressure” in the heel piece adds rebound to your skis.
- Bayonet lock heel means easy servicing with total stiffness while in use.
- Three official riser heights to adapt to the oncoming terrain.
- Hub-Centering toe piece is notched and easy to step into.
- Brake arms resemble a chainsaw and mean business.
- Step-In Side Towers guide your boot into the toe pins.
Update 2019/20: The toe lever got a cool new paint job!
|Brakes||105mm, 120mm, 135mm|
|Riser Heights||2 + flat|
|Materials||Forged aluminum, stainless steel, chromoly, carbon fiber, high tech synthetic|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Touring, side-country, even resorting|
|Notes||Hub-centering toe and power towers make step-in easy|
|Bottom Line||The big mountain stomper ideal for big skis, big boots, big speeds, big skiers, and doing things "bigly"|
|Compare to other Full-featured Bindings|
Questions & Reviews
Can I buy the ST Rotation 12 toe piece separately? Dynafit headquarters is recommendation that toe piece to replace my Beast toe piece.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.