If the roads are still closed and the approach to your line has 4 miles of undulating, gently rolling terrain that will be a nightmare of skins on/skins off transitions, you need a ski that functions as much as an approach tool as it does a steep skiing scalpel. If this scenario sounds familiar, you need the Voile Objective BC.
All of the awesomeness of the Objective, but with scaled bases. The short, waxless scaled pattern underfoot provides an excellent alternative to the binary equation of skins on/skins off. Once you’re ready to ski, you have a super-fun skinny ski that handles surprisingly well in deep and variable conditions. The Objective BC is your ticket to adventure!
- Paulownia wood core is strong with low density, enabling this ski to go far.
- Medium radius with rockered tip inspires confidence in junky snow and on steeps.
- Two carbon & fiber glass layers wrap the core to enable powerful turns.
- 1.8mm of steel lets you edge on hard snow and stays intact when rocks try to ruin your day.
- Topsheet is the same durable material that Voile skis are known for.
Update 2019/20: Voile updated the graphics of this speedy ski, but otherwise it remains the exact same.
|Lengths (cm)||164, 171, 178|
|Weight (pair)||2040g 
|Turn Radius||18.0m 
|Skin Fix||Race tip notch, flat tails|
|Profile||Light tip and tail rocker, camber underneath|
|Shape||Smooth medium radius, rounded tip & tail|
|Construction||Double carbon cap|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Long distance touring in rolling terrain, long flat approaches to mountaineering routes.|
|Notes||Scale back on the need for skins.|
|Bottom Line||There's nothing fishy about these scales.|
|Compare to other Low-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.