Finally, a lighter touring version of Elan's beloved Ripsticks! The Ripstick Tour 94 has a nice wide shovel and generous sidecut to make you think you have machetes on your feet as you slice through everything from powder to punchy top layers. With a 360° ABS sidewall these skis are a powerful set of boards with plenty of rock-solid effective edge to keep control in tough conditions. Making turns is easy as pie (which can be surprisingly difficult to make by the way), with edge-to-edge rocker, also known as the Amphibio profile. This approach to ski construction helps you initiate and exit turns more easily while transferring power to your inside edge. Out-of-the-box thinking has also led to Elan's Carbon Bridge Technology. Imagine how having a carbon tube running the length of the ski would make for a stiff yet damp ride; that's the idea and the end result. Carbon deserves more carbon, so the construction also consists of 2 layers of carbon for torsional rigidity and more excuses to talk about carbon. Laying down tight turns in the backcountry is an amazing feeling, don't deny yourself a good time by taking a pass on these skis. Whether skiing powder, or volcanoes in spring, getting out on your Elan Ripstick Tour 94's is a wonderful thing.
- Carbon Bridge Technology offers a smooth ride that absorbs vibration like Brawny absorbs spilled milk.
- 360° pyramid-shaped ABS sidewall increases durability so you can ski just a bit further into the spring.
- Carbon-reinforced laminate woodcore is torsionally stiff and light with a delightful underfoot feel.
- Amphibio profile* offers easy turns all day to keep you looking smooth and feeling fresh.
- Precut skins are available so you can hit the skin track as soon as you open the box.
* Amphibio means you will have a left and a right ski since they are turned up asymmetrically.
|Lengths (cm)||157, 164, 171, 178, 185|
|Weight (pair)||2980g |
||Tip notch, flat tail|
||Amphibio asymmetrical rocker edge to edge|
||Tapered tip and tail|
||Carbon bridge technology, 360° sidewall|
||Laminated woodcore with carbon reinforcement|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Everyday touring from tight trees to open bowls|
|Notes||Asymmetric rocker cuts through just about anything|
|Bottom Line||Backcountry ripper for carving lovers|
|Compare to other Mid-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Yet the "non-tour" Ripsticks do. That's completely bizarre.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.