If you often use the words "easy," "durable," and "lightweight," when describing your ideal touring binding, your profile match may be the Core 12 Pro from Hagan. Featuring quite possibly more metal in its construction than Iron Maiden, these are built for the long haul while still retaining a streamlined look and athletic weight. To help with unwanted toe release while skinning, Hagan uses the patented "Uphill Hardness Variator" allowing the user to select the level of force the toe piece exerts as boot pin sockets start to wear. If you find yourself following a skin track set by an overcaffeinated 18-year-old track star (as seems to be common in the Wasatch), the binding comes with magnetic heel risers allowing for 5 climbing positions. When the time comes to point the skis from whence they came, the Elastic Response System provides elasticity in the heel, helping absorb compressions and bumps to keep your skiing experience feeling smooth and consistent. With 25mm of adjustment in the heel, the binding comes with ample adjustment to accommodate different boot sole lengths. If your dream binding is fully featured without a significant weight penalty, step up to and into the Core 12 Pro.
- Adjustable lateral and vertical release allows you to reaffirm your love for your knee ligaments.
- Snowpack Proof toe piece fights the buildup of snow under the toe piece for an easy time stepping in.
- Integrated Crampon Receptor keeps you climbing when the going gets icy.
- Uphill Hardness Variator lets you adjust the toe pressure to accommodate worn out toe inserts.
- Elastic Response System provides consistent release with harder skiing.
Compare otherFull-featured Bindings
|Weight (pair)||700g [86mm]|
|Brakes||86mm, 91mm, 97mm, 102mm, 108mm, 120mm|
|Riser Heights||4 + flat|
|Materials||Aluminum alloy, stainless steel, thermoplastic|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Don't have to rotate tower to use heel risers|
|Bottom Line||Ruggedly good looks in a lightweight package.|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.