With decades of alpine binding production and a stout following, Marker entered the pool of tech-bindings with a glorious half-gainer. With several models to choose from, the Marker Alpinist 10 nestles itself smack dab between the lower releasing 8 and the higher 12 so you can choose the value range best suited for your skill level and style of skiing. With a gapless heel, you will have the shock-absorption and consistent release one craves from their alpine skiing days (years). With a flat mode, two risers, and 15mm of heel adjustment Marker has made your dive into a lightweight binding not much of a sacrifice. If you crave smooth skiing and simple operation then the Marker Alpinist 10 deserves to be high on your list.
- Zero gap heel for a smooth skiing experience and more consistent release.
- Optional brakes come in 90mm, 105mm, and 115mm widths.
- Lateral release values from 4-10 allow you to find your sweet spot.
- 15mm of heel adjustment leaves room for your other boot.
- Two riser positions so that when the going gets steep, you keep going.
- Race-inspired heel flap promotes faster transitions to get that extra lap in.
- Included, removable receptor allows you to add crampons for traction.
Update 2022/23: ISI (Intuitive Step In) toe piece has a rubber bumper and wider platform for easier step-in that requires less force. This increased weight by 25g.
||Accessory 90, 105, 115|
||2 + flat|
||Forged aluminum, carbon fiber reinforced polyamide|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Toe piece is carbon infused, stronger and less brittle than steel|
|Bottom Line||Zero-gap performance in a lightweight, affordable package|
|Compare to other Lean Bindings|
Questions & Reviews
We are happy to assist you in choosing your gear and setting up a package to accommodate your needs. Shoot us an email at email@example.com and we can answer any additional questions you have on gear!
With the Alpinist 10, you would come in a little below its fixed vertical release value, so I might lean towards the Alpinist 8.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.