Long and hard traverses are long and hard. To make your travels less hard (though not less long), appropriate equipment selection is critical to shave grams where possible without jeopardizing durability as you traverse large swathes of wilderness. ATK has been at the forefront of creating wickedly light bindings that withstand the Haute Route traverse. While tipping the scales at a weight that would make race bindings of yesteryear envious, this feature-rich binding exhibits a mainly-metal construction that lends itself to lasting. With the use of the patented Cam Release System, the Haute Route binding gives you full control to set release values to your personal preferences. The Haute Route 10 works for most skiers while ATK offers the Haute Route 8 for lighter folk. The 30mm adjustment plate can accommodate several sizes of boots. If durable, adjustable, and light are words commonly used when you describe your ideal binding, then you may have found the one in the ATK Haute Route.
- Cam Release System helps with reliable and consistent releases.
- 30mm of BSL adjustment for the other boots in your quiver.
- Easy Entry System makes stepping in……..easy.
- Magneto Heel Flaps resist flapping when they should not be flapping.
- Flat mode plus two riser options for that Wasatch skinner.
- Alu 7075, Stainless Steel, POM construction saves weight and adds strength.
- Includes a pair of Kevlar leashes for the sketchy parts of the traverse.
- Haute Route 10 offers a release range of 5-10, vertically and laterally.
- Haute Route 8 is for lighter skiers with an adjustable range from 3 to 8.
||2 + Flat|
||7075 aluminum, stainless steel, POM|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Light and speedy touring, traverses|
|Notes||Magnetic risers are satisfying to activate|
|Bottom Line||The features you need and none you don’t|
|Compare to other Lean Bindings|
Questions & Reviews
As far as the toe clamping power, we coincidentally measured the lateral toe retention of all our bindings over the summer. It's not published but give us a ring for some insight.
The current listed weight is specified by the manufacturer. We have yet to get our hands on a pair for some in house verification!
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.