Volkl has a reputation for making skis that can perform in just about any terrain for any level of skier and the Rise Beyond 96 Ski is no exception. New and improved model from the 20/21 season, the new shape is a touch narrower underfoot by 2mm and features a tighter turn radius for snappier turn initiation. But don't worry, the innovative 3D radius sidecut remains, which helps the ski show off its hourglass figure, as well as switch seamlessly from long turns to short. As a result, this delivers agility and manuverability that is surprising for a 96mm waisted ski - great for the skiers who like to make great turns, no matter the speed. Volkl has also kept its Tourlite Hybrid Woodcore since it has been proven to help balance the stiffness to pop ratio. Tip rocker up front and camber underfoot makes this a great ski to handle variable conditions and power through turns like a warm knife cutting butter. Whether you're joyously arcing big turns in a powder field or carefully making your way down a chundery couloir, the Volkl Rise Beyond 96 will be your faithful companion.
- The 3D Radius Sidecut gives the ski multiple turning radii from long to short and allows effortless adjustment to your turn shape.
- Volkl's Smart Skinclip lets you remove your skins from either the tip or tail.
- Tourlite Hybrid woodcore utilizes a blend of poplar, beech, and paulownia wood for a touring specific ski.
- Great tip rocker and underfoot camber give this ski a great balance between float and edge hold!
- Precut skins are perfect for these skis!
- A friendly, fun, and fantastic all-around ski for any level of skier.
|Lengths (cm)||156, 163, 170, 177, 184|
|Weight (pair)||2514g [170cm]|
||138-96-119 [all lengths]|
||Smart Skinclip system: notched tail and a square recession on the tip for a skin clip|
||Tip rocker, underfoot camber, semi-flat tail|
||Angular tapered tip, triple-radius sidecut, pintail for pack loop insertion|
||Full vertical sidewall, Tourlite Hybrid Woodcore|
||Paulownia and poplar with beech wood underfoot|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Everyday touring and epic winter adventures|
|Notes||A top-choice ski for anything from variable conditions to powder|
|Bottom Line||An amazingly versatile and maneuverable ski!|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.